Accessories You’ll Love This Summer
Here’s a look at what’s hot in jewelry, bags and shoes for summer 2021.
1. Heavy metal. Statement jewelry continue to dominate. Be on the lookout for hardware-inspired pieces that stand out in a big way. Think chunky chains and BIG hoops.
2. Pearls of wisdom. Say goodbye to old-fashioned strands and think layers and mismatched strings. Pearls are even popping up on beaded necklaces and bracelets.
3. Get bangled. Whether you’re stacking them up, matching pairs or going with big singles, bangles are here.
4. At long last. Say goodbye to 90s chokers and hello to long chains once again. Long necklaces are all the rage (and if you’re old enough, you can probably find some in your jewelry box from last time they were hot).
5. Birds of a feather. Turning to purses and bags, feathers are everywhere. With designs for day and night, feathers are a hot look for your arm.
6. Chunky monkey. Big chains are for more than just jewelry this year. You’ll also find big, statement chains as straps on bags of all sizes.
7. Rough and ready. Textures are also big for bags. Woven raffia, braided leather and net bags are great choices for day, everywhere from the office to the farmer’s market.
8. Puffed up. The puffy cloud bag is must-have for the arm of every fashionista, including cute clutches and cross-body options.
9. 90s redux. Platforms are back as flatforms. Find flatform sandals, slides and flipflops and embrace your inner 90s girl.
10. Wrap it up. Toe loops are evolving and this time they are all about the big toe. Criss-crosses and strappy looks are tying up toes in style.
11. Super straps. Beyond the toe loop, straps are everywhere from around the foot to up the leg. Strappy sandals—flats, kitten heels and high heels—are it for summer.
12. Dance on air. Ballet flats have made a comeback, with options that range from simple to sophisticated.
A look ahead to fall…
Taking a peek at what’s ahead for fall, style experts can’t stop talking about slouchy clutches (the cousin of the still-popular puffy cloud), practical messenger bags with plenty of buckles, and BIG bags. For your feet.