Spring style you’ll love
It’s time to put away the parkas and prepare for warm days with plenty of sun. These style trends will keep you fashion-forward all season long.
· Cool crochet. This isn’t afghan season anymore. Crochet gets classy with paired up with suits and in sets.
· Cardigan crazy. Move over, big sweaters. This season’s cardigans are smaller, retro looks that have a ‘shrug’ style to them.
· Mini pop. Mini skirts are here to show off legs as the weather warms up. Pair them with a smart blazer or a slouchy sweater with a pair of knee-high boots.
· Gingham isn’t just for picnics. This fun pattern is perfect for warm days and bright style. It looks cute with sequins or plush fabric.
· Bright white. Don’t wait until May to break out your favourite white look. White maxi dresses and crisp white shirts are classic looks you can’t go wrong with.
· Underwear out. Bra tops are here and perfect paired with suits, jackets and pleats.
· Big jackets. While cardigans might be smaller, jackets are not. Big, boxy and bright, they’re made for layering with form fitting tops.
· Forget the 90s because the 2000s are back. Crop tops, preppy skirts and plaid are 2000s trends finding new life in the 2020s.
· Neon lights. Move over neutrals, the brights are here for spring. Neon t-shirts and button-downs in wild colours should find their way into your wardrobe.
· Green is the colour. There isn’t a more perfect colour for spring than green. Add pops of green with your shoes, handbag, sweater or accessories.
· Colours of the rainbow. Beyond green, trendy colours for spring include lilac, sunny yellow, hot pink, caramel, scarlet and sky blue.
· Thud into spring. Chunky sandals are a great way to welcome spring and show off your on-trend pedi.
· Step up. 70s style platforms are also back with a 2020s twist, as are the favourite shoe of 70s TV moms—the clog.
· Funky heels. Did you know the heel of your shoe doesn’t have to be boring? Designers are having lots of fun with the heel.
· Wedges rock. We’re not done with the 70s. These wedges are more stylized and sculptural, but they’re still wedges.
· Round up. Points and almond toes are over. Say hello to a simple round toe this spring.